Health and Wellbeing
We want the households living in VHA homes to have long and sustainable tenancies. This is good for us because we have fewer vacant properties and less anti-social behaviour. It is also good for our residents because it offers stability and certainty in their lives. We recognise that peoples' ability to achieve this is often dependent on a range of issues relating to health, prosperity, employment, social interaction and future prospects.
Obviously, we are not in a position to directly influence these factors on an individual basis. However, we can look to provide advice, support and in some cases general opportunities to maintain and improve those life issues that may be causing stress and placing undue pressure on households. We view this as supporting the well- being of our residents.
Set out below are some links aimed at enhancing well being.
- NHS IoW
- Occupational Health
- Isle of Wight Health Walks - Led every week by experienced Walks Leaders, all short walks are fairly level and you can walk at your own pace.
- Isle of Wight Integrated Sexual Health Network - Advice and support on all aspects of sexual health
- Healthwatch IoW - Healthwatch gives people a powerful voice locally and nationally. At a local level, Healthwatch Isle of Wight is helping Islanders get the best out of their local health and care services. Whether it's improving them today or helping to shape them for tomorrow.
- Isle of Wight Council, Environmental Health - health and safety, food safety and trading standards, public health
- Hypnotherapy Directory - contact details of professional hynotherapists