BRANSTONE FARM DAY - 9th JULY 2023
THE COMMON SPACE Story Quests with BIOSPHERE IN THE BAYS!
Branstone Farm is to host one of three arts, literacy and nature-led discovery events and consultations based in three very different locations in the parishes of Sandown, Lake and Newchurch as part of the Biosphere in the Bays programme.
Branstone Farm is a Biosphere-inspired Branstone Farm development and a mix of community housing and business park in the oldest parish on the Island, Newchurch.
EVENT ACTIVITIES: Story Quests, Art workshops and Big Draws:
Each event will start by helping families to explore their location through a set of brand-new Story Quest trails. These are free booklets specially designed by Island writers and illustrators through The Common Space in partnership with the National Literacy Trust. The trails mix language and images, QR barcodes and YouTube recordings, ID guides and activities, all celebrating the Biosphere’s natural, human and built heritage.
- 11am – 11.30am… arrive, welcome and introduction to the Isle of Wight Biosphere, Biosphere in the Bays. Collect your Story Quest books/trail, explorer kits too, and head off!
- 12.30pm – whenever! Back at basecamp, treats and picnics will mix with the Big Draw consultations, Vox Pops Question Corner and art activities/making.
Sandown Bay Story Quest - Bran of Branstone
Venue: The Biosphere Centre or Biodiversity Park (depending on weather)
Location: Branstone Farm, Branstone, Newchurch
AONB Glimpses: The IW AONB office!
Date: Sunday 9th July… Arrive for 11am… stay as long as you like
Artists/Writers/Creatives: Zoe Sadler, Claire Hector & Ian Boyd - The Common Space
What to expect:
- Using an Explorer Kit together with your Branstone Story Quest and Wildlife ID Guide, heading out to tick new nature finds off your ticklist.
- Artist-led Nature Table and Observational Art on return
- Big Draw consultation based on AONB questions.