Homes in the Pipeline
We reviewed and updated our 5-year Business Plan in October 2020. This included commitment to an ambitious new homes programme that has seen us increase our stockholding by approximately 25% over the past 3-5 years, with around 100 new homes.
This has been facilitated through funding arranged with Triodos, together with our designation as Investment Partners with Homes England.
In the recent past, we have completed schemes at:
- An ex-school site in Bembridge, Sycamore Drive. This has delivered 13 new homes, 9 of which are for rent and 4 for discounted sale to local households.
- 4 x 2-bedroom bungalows in Keats Drive, Bembridge. Two are for rent and two shared ownership.
- 13, 2 and 3-bed houses and 6 1/2 bed flats in Bouldner Mead, Yarmouth. Nine of these are affordable rent and 3 shared ownership.
- 14 units in Ash Lane, Gunville, of which 4 are for shared ownership (see attached article).
- 4 additional units at Ash Lane, two of which are for rent and two Rent-to-Buy
- 10 homes at Alvington Manor View, Gunville - 8 for rent, 2 shared ownership
We have now completed our flagship 42 home scheme at Branstone Farm, Arreton. For more information visit this link
We have also taken over 14 units at Blanchard, Brighstone, which are a mix on houses and flats for rent and shared ownership.
We have a small number of other sites that should be progressed over the coming few months. This includes an exciting supported housing scheme in Newport of 24 units for people with learning and physical disabilties. This is likely to be completed in 2024.
We also consider bringing new and existing homes on long leases from private owners. This is an additional route for creating sub-market rented homes that offer good quality standards and an excellent package of repairs and management. Please see the HAL page for further details.