Benefits Advice

Advice about benefits If you’re finding it hard to pay your rent, you may be able to get help in the form of Housing Benefit. You may be entitled to benefits if you: currently claim benefits such as: Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit, or State Retirement Pension; orearn a low wage, whether you are in full or part-time work. You can apply for Housing Benefit by downloading and filling in the form below: Housing Benefit online claim Other Online IoW Benefit-Related Forms Housing Benefit calculator Universal Credit

Universal Credit - This is a major change to the way your benefits will be calculated and paid out. It is important that you understand what will happen so that you can be properly prepared.

Please visit our Universal Credit page, which can answer a number of your questions here.

You can also get information from a range of other agencies:

Job Center Plus provides details on benefits for people of working age (16 - 59). For example: Income support, Job Seekers Allowance, Incapacity Benefit

The Pension Service provides information about pensions and pensioner benefits. For example: State Pension, Pension Credit.

Direct .Gov gives information on disability benefits. For example: Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance.

HM Revenue & Customs gives information on family benefits. For example: Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit.

Isle of Wight Council gives information about Housing and Council Tax Benefit.

Citizens Advice Bureau gives information about benefits, employment, tax and money management.

Tax Help for Older People - provide free, independent and expert help and advice for older people on lower incomes who cannot afford to pay for professional tax advice. There are 3 Tax Help volunteers living on the island available to those aged about 60 years & in receipt of a modest annual income. The person must first telephone HQ near Bridport, Dorset on either 0845 601 3321 or 01308 488066.